About the Department
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) is established in the year 2008 with a view to develop quality engineers to meet the current trends. The Department provides undergraduate program in B.Tech (CSE). The department has a pool of well qualified, highly experienced and research oriented faculty members covering all the major areas..
Strengths of the Department
1. Our department is fully equipped with 300 computers, with 36 laptops, and 10 LCD projectors, 2 printers, AV System with high speed 10mbps internet facility.
2. The CSE Department is having 19 faculty members out of 2 Ph.D.’s, 8 members are pursuing their Ph.D.’s , 8 members qualified in NET/SLET/GATE.
3. In the department 4 faculty members completed their NPTEL courses,7 members are certified trainers to train the students in Java fundamentals, ORACLE SQL, PL/SQL, DELL EMC2, virtualization using VSphere.
4. The faculty members are awarded various awards like Academic Excellence, outstanding Research Excellence, SAP Award of Excellence. The senior professors of our department are acting as BOS members in various colleges.
5. The department members are served for various colleges like Maris Stella, JMJ, Loyola Polytechnic College under a faculty exchange program.
7. The department is maintaining the MOODLE Learning Management System for Faculty and Students and the faculty members are providing their teaching services for other departments to train the students on the courses other than curriculum and to meet the industry requirements.
8. The department has 4 MOU’s with TCS, MICROSOFT, ORACLE, IBM Rational Rose.
9. The department has IETE Student chapter Professional body Membership with 120 students.
10. The students average pass percentage is more than 80% from the last five years. Every year the students also developing various innovative academic projects.
11. In the department more than 60% of students were placed in good companies like TCS, WIPRO, INFOSYS, SYNTEL,TECH Mahindra with good packages.
12. Our students have actively participated in Extension and Service-Oriented activities like Blood Donation Camp, Computer Awareness for Government High school students.