About the Department
The Electrical & Electronics Engineering department was started with UG programme in 2008 with an intake of 60.The department has well talented, qualified, experienced & dynamic faculty along with skilled technical supporting staff who spearhead the process of achieving the vision of the department. The department has IIT&MIT video lectures, and internet leased speed of 65 Mbps, Digital library IEEE e-journals and well equipped labs & infrastructure. It is continuously striving to impart quality education and competitive spirit among students for academic excellence.
Strengths of the Department
1. In every semester Department of EEE conducts minimum of two workshops and there guest lecturers in the recent trends in Electrical Engineering to bridge the gap between Academics & Industries, and the students will be guided to do their Major & Minor projects on the same topics.
2. Every faculty member of the department attends a minimum of one faculty development program in every academic year. And most of the faculty members register for NPTEL online courses.
3. Since the academic year 2015-2016 consecutively(from the past 4 years) every year department of EEE is organizing a National Conference on Recent Trends in Electrical Engineering, all the students of IV year and Few Students of III year are publishing their papers in that conference & proceedings are getting published in UGC approved Reputed Journals.
4. Department initiated subject related extension activities under Michael Faraday Research Centre; this includes conducting workshops to the neighbouring engineering college students, creating awareness about electrical hazards & safety by giving presentations in the neighbourhood colleges and schools every semester.
5. Department publishes a bi-monthly newsletter in every academic year, which includes the activities that were done in the past two months; fortnight wall magazines based on recent advancements in the field of electrical engineering prepared by students will be displayed on the notice boards.